Thursday, June 5, 2008

Pray For Our Nation

For the month of June I challenge and encourage everyone to pray once a day for our nation. Pray for our leaders, our economy, our military - pray for our country.


Here are some key verses:

  • "I exhort therefore that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; for kings and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peacable life in all godliness and honesty." I Timothy 2:1-2

  • "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14

  • The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: He turneth it whithersoever

The history of our nation proves that God moves when we pray. We need to pray about the upcoming elections, pray for the high gas prices, pray for our economy, pray for those who can't pay their mortgage, pray for our brave soldiers fighting for our freedom. Pray for our country this month. We will see a difference!

Ben Franklin rightfully said, "I have lived, Sir, a long time, and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth: 'that God governs in the affair of man.' And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid?"

Take the challenge this month and pray every day for our country.

1 comment:

Andrew Biddinger said...

Hey, great blog!!
We must stand for America and conservatism. Go Mike also!!
Check out my blog.
www.backtotheconstitution.blogspot.com