Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Health Care Bill Constitutional???

One of my biggest problems with Congress' health care bills is their constitutionality. And now, thankfully, Senator Jim DeMint and Senator John Ensign have raised the very same issue.

Senator DeMint said, “As an American, I felt the obligation to stand up for the individual freedom of every citizen to make their own decision on this issue. I don’t believe Congress has the legal authority to force this mandate on its citizens.” “Forcing every American to purchase a product is absolutely inconsistent with our Constitution and the freedoms our Founding Fathers hoped to protect."

You can read Senator's DeMint and Ensign's press release here.
You can read my post on the Constitution and American government here.
You can read the Heritage Foundation's article on why the health care bill is unconstitutional here.

As I've said before, I am not opposed to health care reform because I'm afraid the Democrats will get the credit. I am opposed to it because I believe it puts our American government in a position that is contrary to our Constitution. I am for health care reform, but I am for it in the right way!

No comments: